6.27.2012

Colorado Vacation: Day 4

We woke up in Denver on another beautiful day, so we walked to breakfast instead of driving.  We headed to Snooze, which was highly recommended by Kristin of Iowa Girl Eats.  Thank you Kristin!  Best breakfast I have ever had...seriously.  I had the pancake flight: Pineapple Upside Down Pancake, Blueberry Blossom, and Sweet Potato.  I can't even begin to describe how incredible each one was.  I think the Pineapple Upside Down Pancake was my favorite.
After breakfast, we walked back and packed up the car.  Onto the next adventure!  We drove up to Boulder and stopped at the Avery Brewing Tap Room.  They had some fantastic beers, my favorite was their brown ale.  We headed down to the pedestrian mall in Boulder for a little bit.  It was really nice, full of cute shops, nice people, and pretty views.  Then we went to Boulder Beer Company and took a tour of their brewery.  Ryan and I have always liked their beer, his favorite is Flashback, and mine is Hazed and Infused (though I think my new favorite is Kinda Blue). 
After our 14 beer tasting tray at Boulder, we drove to Longmont to check out Left Hand Brewery.  We asked the bartender for a recommendation for dinner.  Our only stipulation was that it was not a chain, no Old Chicago please!  He recommended Georgia Boys...oh my goodness!  I normally would not want to go to a BBQ place, this place was a total dive (in the fantastic sense!).  We got our food to-go because the place was so small.  But when we opened up our boxes of food back at the hotel, it was like heaven!
Day 4 had plenty going on to deserve it's on blog post.  Stay tuned for the rest of the vacation. :) Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment