3.06.2013

Movie Time

So last weekend was a total movie weekend for me, and I really enjoyed it.  I actually saw a couple of movies worth mentioning, so I thought I'd share them with you.

1. Warm Bodies: Seriously awesome love story.  Once you look past the terrible CGI, you see a heart-felt story with clever voice-overs (which I normally get annoyed by), lots of humor, and a super sweet love story.  I recommend this movie.  There are barely any scary parts, so it was a zombie movie that I could actually handle! :)
2. The Master: An intriguing story that is basically about L. Ron Hubbard and the start of Scientology.  It isn't "technically" about that, but I researched a little more after, and it pretty much mirrors all of the craziness that is Scientology.  Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix do a stellar job in the movie.  It was really good.
3. Jeff Who Lives At Home: So this was my second time seeing this movie, but it's so darn good.  I love Jason Segal, so I may be a little biased.  But it's just one of those simple movies that wasn't "big budget," wasn't unrealistic, and focuses on the characters and their actions, not impossible situations.  Also, it's really short, like 1 hour 15 minutes, so it's totally not a waste of your time!
Next on my list, I really want to see Perks of Being a Wallflower, Silver Linings Playbook, and Wreck-It Ralph.  Have you seen any good movies lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment