5.23.2015

100 Days of Pregnancy

Today marks the 100th day of my pregnancy.  I don't know why, but this feels like some sort of milestone for me, so I want to celebrate it!

This week (the 14th week of pregnancy), baby is 3.5 inches long and weighs 1.5 ounces.  Baby might be sucking its thumb already...this blows my mind!  Baby can squint, frown, grimace, and pee. Weird!

My pregnancy has been fairly easy.  No puking, just a little nausea and loss of appetite from time-to-time.  I do pee all the time, like 2 times in the middle of the night!  I am still pretty tired, though not falling asleep in the middle of the day tired anymore.  I just go to bed crazy early, like 8:30.  I'm not really showing yet, but I have large hips with lots of room for baby to grow before he/she starts pushing my belly out.  No aches or pains to note, except occasional headaches.  Honestly, I don't feel pregnant yet, and I suppose I am lucky for that!

I had my 14-week check-up on Thursday and my mom joined me (she wanted to hear the heartbeat).  Basically, I experienced one of the scariest moments of my life when the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat.  She used the doppler all over my belly for about 2 minutes and all there was was the sound no mom-to-be ever wants to hear...white-noise.  It was awful.  She seemed like she wasn't worried though, maybe just confused, and said she would go get the little portable ultrasound so she could track down baby.  Praise the Lord, we were able to locate the little stinker.  Basically, it was moving like crazy so it never stayed still long enough for her to find the heartbeat.  On the little ultrasound, I could make out baby's face and arms and belly and saw it moving around like crazy.  So on a second try, she was able to use the doppler to find the heart beat and I recorded it on my phone.  What an amazing sound. My heart melted...

I'm simply just feeling so grateful for this little, albeit stubborn, human being that I have been blessed to carry.  I feel much more confident about my pregnancy going forward, knowing that I'm officially out of the first trimester.  I can't wait to feel baby move, though that could still be 4-6 weeks away.

My next appointment is June 18th, my 18-week check-up.  Still won't find out the gender at that time, so I'm not sure if I'll be in for a 20-week ultrasound or if they'll make me wait for my 22-week check-up.

On another note, we started painting the nursery last night!!  I'm so excited to get started on that project...we're basically overhauling the entire room, so it's nice to make a dent in the super long to-do list.
Happy Saturday friends!  Have a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend.  I'm heading off to Des Moines to enjoy a weekend with my siblings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment