5.30.2015

May 2015 Recap

May has been an exciting month for us!  The most exciting thing has been sharing the secret we had been keeping since March with our family and friends!  It was a joy to share the news in person at my parent's Mother's Day party since both my mom and dad's families were there.  We were also able to tell Ryan's grandma that morning at brunch. :)
The next weekend, we went to Chicago for Shae's wedding.  We enjoyed ourselves that evening at the beautiful Beverly Arts Center.  It was fun catching up with friends.  On the way home, we stopped at IKEA and picked out and purchased some nursery items.  Saturday night, we headed up to Dubuque for a dinner reception Ryan's grandma was being honored at.  Another great weekend in the books! 
The week of May 18th was when I finally had my post-first trimester OB appointment and as mentioned in a previous post, it was scary one at first!  But all is good.  I also have my first interview for a teaching job in the fall! It was not my best interview, but it was also not the best school, so I was glad to get the dreaded first interview out of the way.

That weekend, Ryan left for a bachelor party, so Emily, Alex, and I headed to Des Moines for a sibling weekend!  We left around noon, so when we got to Des Moines, we checked into our hotel and wandered around the neighborhood.  Then we got some swimming in at the hotel before grabbing dinner at Legend's and catching the Iowa Cubs game!  We ended the night with some more swimming, Alex's request. :)
The next morning, more swimming after breakfast (this time I passed), then we went to Trader Joe's and did some other shopping that morning.  We totally stopped at Buy Buy Baby and I found some great little Cyclone clothes for Baby H!  We took Alex to SkyZone so he could enjoy some trampoline fun and then we waited FOREVER for lunch/dinner at Zombie Burger.  
On Memorial Day, we spent the day swimming at Mom and Dad's.  This past week, I had another interview and have another scheduled for next week!  This weekend, we're doing more nursery painting (the doors and trim this time), I'm spending the afternoon with Hannah today, and I'm grabbing coffee with Steph tomorrow!  May was fun, looking forward to more fun in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment