5.25.2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

I actually made this a long time ago, before I even got my new camera in February, so all of the pictures were taken on my phone. This recipe is so simple, just through a few things in the crock-pot and it comes out a Mexican mess of awesome!

This is the recipe I pulled from Pinterest:
"Bag of frozen chicken in the crock pot. Put the cream cheese, corn, salsa and black beans on top and let it go for 6-8 hours on low. shred when done. serve with chips or as tacos."

I didn't use a WHOLE bag of chicken, I think it was like four breasts. And it was a LOT for Ryan and me. Also, I took pictures of the specific ingredients I used.







As is typical of myself! I don't have a picture of the finished product. We served it as tacos for dinner, and for the next day's lunch...and the next day....and the next day. But it was good! Not that bad for you either, we used fat free cream cheese and all of those veggies and lean chicken added up to not be too bad!

I think it would be good, with something to water it down a little, as a dip for a party. And I would probably even downsize it a little bit too! Also, I saw that someone had served it on rice.

Now that it's summer time, nobody probably even wants to make stuff in the crock-pot, but save it for fall, I recommend it!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! You are always to excited to eat it before you take pictures of the finished project! Don't blame you! Sounds good. And I totally made something in the crockpot this week. Better than using the oven in the summer. We can't grill every day :)

    ReplyDelete