10.09.2013

There Was This One Time...

There was this one time that I got all geared up to make chocolate chip cookies for my sister's bachelorette party, and I opened my cupboard and realized I had no brown sugar!!  How in the heck do you make cookies without brown sugar?!  Well...apparently I figured it out, because my cookies turned out beautifully and I received many compliments at the party.  So I might as well share the recipe, it's not a secret.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:


·         1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
·         3/4 cup granulated sugar
·         1 3.4 oz pkg of vanilla instant pudding
·         2 eggs
·         1 teaspoon vanilla extract
·         2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
·         1 teaspoon baking soda
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
·         1 tablespoon cocoa powder
·         1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1.       Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.       Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Add the packet of instant pudding until well mixed.  Add the eggs and mix together. Pour in the vanilla and blend until combined.
3.       Pour the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
4.       Fold in the chocolate chips.
5.       Use an scooper or spoon to form tablespoonfuls of the dough. Place the dough on the baking sheet two inches apart.
6.       Bake for 8-11 minutes.  They will not be as “golden” as a cookie with brown sugar, so remember that. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. (I used a baking stone, cooked for 11 minutes in oven).
7.       Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.

ENJOY! And happy hump day! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love that you had vanilla instant pudding but no brown sugar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I put pudding in my protein shakes, so I always have that on hand! :) And the rest of the story is that I actually had brown sugar, but had brought it over to my sister's house for a recipe I was making DURING the bachelorette party and then came home to make cookies and thought, "Duh, I needed that!"

      Delete