Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
· 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
· 3/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 3.4 oz pkg of vanilla instant pudding
· 2 eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
· 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use a mixer to cream together the butter and sugar. Add the packet of instant pudding until well mixed. Add the eggs and mix together. Pour in the vanilla and blend until combined.
3. Pour the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture. Mix until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Use an scooper or spoon to form tablespoonfuls of the dough. Place the dough on the baking sheet two inches apart.
6. Bake for 8-11 minutes. They will not be as “golden” as a cookie with brown sugar, so remember that. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. (I used a baking stone, cooked for 11 minutes in oven).
7. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
ENJOY! And happy hump day! :)