6.30.2011

Nervous as Heck...

I signed up for my first 5K this Sunday.  Yup, there is no denying it..I am nervous!  Partly because I probably have not dedicated enough time to training for it, and partly because I'm terrified of finishing last.  I even emailed to coordinators of the race to make sure that there will be walkers there, it's not just a race for runners.  They assured me there are always plenty of walkers, but I still don't know if I believe them.  Oh, and I haven't trained as much as I would have liked to because I am also training for RAGBRAI, so I spend many workouts biking instead of walking/jogging.  Or if the weather is crap, I've been doing ZUMBA and other cardio indoors.  So yeah, the race is 60 hours from now and I think I'm in a panic mode...can I even finish?! AHH! I think that is my goal and I will be proud, just to finish the 5K, even if my time is slow, who cares?  I did something good for myself and accomplished a goal.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Trust me, you won't be last. I used to be in cross country and a friend of mine tried to be last once as a joke and couldn't do it. You will do great, even if you walk/jog. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to be awesome. I'm not scared for you at all. But let's not talk about it anymore, because it gives me anxiety. Go us!

    ReplyDelete