To celebrate fall arriving, Ryan and I went on a hike up at Maquoketa Caves State Park last Saturday. Unfortunately, all caves in Iowa have been closed temporarily, but the park and trails are still beautiful! I was so glad we had a free weekend to get up there before I gets too chilly, which seems like it won't happen since it's like 80 degrees this week!
I got to see some fallen leaves and some trees changing colors! Plus, it was a beautiful day, it was such a good 2.5 hour hike :) After our hike, we met my parents and little bro at Bluff Lake, which I had NEVER been to before. It's a total family style restaurant with all you can eat fish, coleslaw, and fries. You get there and put your name on a list and wait for like an hour (or more I've heard). Luckily, it was so gorgeous outside we just chilled on the deck by the lake with a pitcher of beer, it was fabulous. Oddly, we ran into Stephanie and Kyle there too, who had driven up from Davenport like us for some fish! It was a fun experience, with good cheap food and I can't wait to go back again.
What a great fall day! Things I am looking forward to this fabulous fall week/weekend:
1. Reba concert tonight with my sister!
2. Andy and Ashley are coming to stay with us tonight.
3. Mani/pedi tomorrow morning with friends
4. To Galena to participate in the wedding weekend of our dear friends Nick & Emily
5. Exploring Galena and Dubuque on Sunday
6. Taking Monday off to relax!!!