9.28.2011

You Make Me So Happy

Good morning friends and family...at least to the three of you that actually read this silly blog! :) I do have other things I could be posting about, and want to post about (like that pesky organizing challenge), but that seems boring.  Haha, so I just wanted to share a couple of things that have made me quite happy lately, even in the smallest of ways.

1. Receiving these to items in the mail yesterday:


2. Having a skype date...FINALLY!
Emily is sharpening pencils for her wedding :)
3. Having some delicious, home-cooked meals:
The beginnings of a healthy chicken pot pie
284 calorie breakfast, score!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
I'm bummed I didn't get a picture of the baked potato soup we made Monday night, delicious!  Also, I am putting this next picture up, even though it's not home-cooked because we finally found a delicious, affordable Thai take-out place like 2 minutes away from our house! 
Top: Drunken Noodles, Bottom: Pad Thai
4. Two Girls' Nights Out in one weekend:


5. Singing the National Anthem at the Kid's Micro Marathon that Brooke organized
Brooke, the beautiful lady in charge
Some of the kids stretching before the run, so cute
6. My kitties
Cali helping me do laundry
Peter just chillaxing
7. Crafts
No pictures of this, but I have been able to get some things done around the house that I've been putting off forever.  I've been working on a quilt that is finally ALMOST done, I got some pictures in frames and hung on the wall. I got some materials needed for a couple of fall decor projects, and I took some pictures that I want to print and frame as decor :) I love being productive and crafty...neither of which happens all that often.

There are plenty of other things that make me happy right now, I just don't have pictures of them all or time to write about them all.  I have loved being able to spend time with my husband more.  I have enjoyed watching some movies we've been meaning to watch for quite a while.  I love coaching the QCBT softball team, it's a lot of fun; we have another game tonight!  Etc. etc. etc.

Things that aren't making me happy right now: being sickish which in turn is making me lazy, so no working out for a while.  I don't like that I am at a total plateau with my weight loss.  Money...there needs to be more of it.

But whatever, enough of that.  All in all, I'm at a good point in my life and just wanted to celebrate the little things that are worth paying attention to and enjoying!  Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment