8.06.2012

Weekend Recap: August 3-5

Good morning friends and happy Monday!  I can't believe the weekend is already over :(  Lots of exciting things happened this weekend, so I guess it just flew by.


Friday night, I got to reconnect with my friend Emily R, who I haven't seen in quite awhile.  We met up for some drinks and appetizers and had such a fantastic evening catching up!  I can't wait to get together with her again!


Saturday morning, I met up with Lindsey A at Panera and we talked wedding (her's is Labor Day Weekend) and just general life stuff.  It was wonderful, and delicious.  Later that day, Ryan and I were going to head to the gym, but we got wrapped up planning our trip to Mexico instead. :)  A few hours later, Emily and Brad arrived.  Woohoo!


Our first stop was to Azteca for margaritas and good food!  Then we drove out to Rustic Ridge in Eldridge for my mom's (and Lynette's) 50th birthday party!  I must say, I do hope I look as good as these ladies when I turn 50.
We enjoyed the evening with beer, cake, and...bagpipes?!
Lynette's husband, Matt, asked their good friend to bust out his bagpipes for a couple of songs.  It was fun!  The whole night was really fun, plus we had a great time hanging out with Emily and Brad.


On Sunday morning, after hitting up the gym, I spent the afternoon out at Scott County Park with my Little for the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters picnic.  It was Olympic themed and different colored teams would compete against each other in different events such as the Long Jump, Kickball, and of course, the Cheetos Toss.  We were team red, hence Hannah's red whiskers.



And of course, as is tradition at the annual picnic, they ended the day with an all out war. A water balloon war that is!
I had a great weekend, and can't believe it is already Monday!  I am looking forward to this next weekend already too celebrate Brooke's Final Fling and catch up with so many friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment