12.12.2012

It's Been Awhile

I want to say that I haven't done a whole late lately, but that's not really true. I think that some of the things I have done haven't warranted pictures, and I have a hard time posting without any pictures. But I did notice that I failed to post about Thanksgiving weekend, and I have a couple pics from that!

On Thanksgiving, we went up to my Grandparent's house and spent the day with my dad's side of the family. All of the food was fantastic! No one was missing an ingredient, no one overcooked the turkey, it was wonderful (a rare feat at big family dinners). But even better, it was beautiful outside, so we got to spend a lot of time together outside after our big meal. I love my family.





Thanksgiving night, our friend Shawn and his fiance, Tara, stopped over to see the house and catch up (it's been awhile).  We enjoyed some awesome Mangria, which was really strong, but fantastic.  I recommend it. :)
The next day, Mom and Emily and I scored some excellent ugly Christmas sweaters at Goodwill and then did some mall shopping.  Later that night, Ryan and I spent a fun night with Laura and Jason.  

Oh, I forgot to mention that we made our first Apple Pie for Ryan's Thanksgiving at work, and it was awesome!  Even I liked it!  We attempted a second one for Thanksgiving, but didn't cook it long enough.  I think there was a difference between the glass pie plate and the stoneware one.
Our weekend finished off with another dinner with Ryan's family and then on Sunday, my choir performed at Pioneer Village for their annual Christmas walk.

The next weekend, my friends and I saw the new Twilight movie.  It was terrible, TERRIBLE, so we needed to get some drinks and martinis at Symposium did the trick!
Ryan and I saw Lincoln the next night.  Now that was a good movie!  And Sunday, I went to see my Little's choir concert.  

And finally, this past weekend was the Quad City Singers annual Christmas concert at Lavender Crest Winery.  I had a great time and I think we performed really well.  Saturday morning, I drove to Galesburg to meet my best friend Ashley for breakfast.  It was so great seeing her and talking with her.  I missed her (and still do) so much!  Sunday, I decided to be really productive and make some crock-pot freezer meals while watching the Vikings beat the Bears.  It's so weird to be sad and happy at the same time!
I think that's enough catching up for now...Happy Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment