11.25.2012

Hot Chocolate Cookies

Oh wowza, I made some fantastic cookies yesterday and per the request of a reader, I am sharing the recipe that I found online.  It was so easy!  Basically a chocolate chip cookie recipe with some added hot chocolate packets and mini marshmallow bits (which are awesome!).

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 package of milk chocolate chips
  • 3 oz of hot chocolate mix (I used 4 packets)
  • 2/3 cup marshmallow bits
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl for an electric mixer, or in my case, my kitchen aid stand mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and sugars.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.  Stir in flour, salt, baking soda, and hot chocolate mix.  Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.

Scoop balls of dough onto baking sheet. (OPTIONAL STEP: I took more marshmallow bits and pressed them onto the top of the balls before baking for the look.) Bake for about 10 minutes.  Allow to cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment