On that somber note, here are some turkey facts to share with your families today! I got this list from Aristotle.
- Turkeys have heart attacks. When the Air Force was conducting test runs and breaking the sound barrier, fields of turkeys would drop dead.
- Turkeys spend the night in trees. The fly to their roosts around sunset.
- Gobbling starts before sunrise and can last until mid-morning.
- A wild turkey has excellent vision and hearing. Their field of vision is about 270 degrees.
- A spooked turkey can run at speeds up to 20 miles per hour! They can also burst into flight reaching speeds of 50-55 mph in a matter of seconds.
- Benjamin Franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird.
Happy Thanksgiving friends and family. I am thankful for all of you in my life!