11.08.2012

My Awesome Halloween

My Halloween Weekend was super fantastic this year!  I started it off with a little costume shopping with my Little on Friday night.

After the shopping extravaganza, we went back to my house to watch "scary" movies, which turned into us watching Batman Begins because she chickened out on the scary movie, but still has excellent taste in cinema. :)

Saturday morning, I was up bright and early (and bundled up!) for the Hot Cocoa race with Brooke!  We decided to allow ourselves to be inspired by Jem and the Holograms and sprung for some neon wigs the night before.  We may have been two of the very VERY few people that dressed up, but the wigs kept our heads warm and everyone gave us lots of compliments.  Worth it!


Saturday, after a nice warm shower, Jess came over so we could watch Paranormal Activity 1 and 2, we'll be watching 3 soon.  I was so excited when I found the trilogy at Walmart for $15!
Nick and Emily were in town, so we met up with them and Nick's fam to watch the ISU game (good game!) at a bar in Davenport.  I did have to get my costume on prior to this meet-up, so I felt a little silly while we were there.  Luckily, I could take my fangs out!

Later that evening, we headed to Nicole's husbands last concert, which was unfortunately outdoors, so we only stuck it out for about and hour and a half before we headed home, nearly frozen to death!


Oh yes, I was indeed the only one in costume.  Lame.  Oh well!  I had fun anyway :)

The final thing that made my Halloween quite spectacular was participating in the Redditgifts Trick or Treat Exchange.  Simply put, this was a world-wide secret santa for Halloween.  I was matched with someone in Texas, so I sent him a gift based on his likes/dislikes, and then someone in Ohio was matched with me, and I got a super fantastic gift.  Check out my loot!

I hope your Halloween was equally as awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment