7.29.2013

Weekend Recap: July 26-28

My sister moved to Eldridge...my sister moved to Eldridge!! I should write a song that's how happy I am about it :)  Friday night after work, I stopped by her and Brad's new house and helped for like an hour before I left to get ready for the night.

Later that night, Jaime and I met up for dinner and drinks.  It was a wonderful evening and I had a great time catching up with her.  It had been too long and I hope we get together again soon!!
Saturday morning, when I woke up, I headed to the new house and helped all day!  We worked on the kitchen mostly and then did some grocery shopping and picked up some Whitey's ice cream...yum.  I did start to get a headache/sore throat, so I took a nap and took it easy for the rest of the day, but we ended the night with a bon fire.  It was nice. :)
Sunday, I picked up Hannah around 9:30 in the morning and we headed straight to Riverside, IA.  What's in Riverside you ask?  Well, pretty much nothing, lol.  But we went to see the future birthplace of Captain James T. Kirk, and really, that's it...lol.
But no, that wasn't ALL we had planned for the day.  We then drove up to the Amana Colonies to spend the afternoon there.  But first, we made a lunch stop at Hu Hot...yum!  Once in Amana, we looked around the shops and the winery.  We admired the wood shop and enjoyed some cream soda and live music at Millstream Brewing Co.  It was absolutely beautiful outside, so it was nice to simply walk around!
Ryan and I spent Sunday night watching Breaking Bad.  We're re-watching them all again since the last part of the last season premieres in two weeks.  That's about it.  What did you do this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I love Hannah's shirt while she is hugging a chicken!! haha!!! perfect! I live in ELDRIDGE :) :) I could write a song with you :)

    ReplyDelete