12.29.2011

The Best Gift Is Love

As you know, last weekend was Christmas, and it was a busy one!  Luckily, it was not nearly as crazy as last year.  We spent a lot of time with family, but did not have to travel too far to see everyone.  Even though we were busy with plans, it was pretty darn relaxing!  There won't be many personal photos in the post...as is the norm lately.  Why you ask? BECAUSE MY CAMERA IS BROKEN! :( Of course, I discovered this as I was heading to Christmas #1 of the year.  Waaahhhhh, I'm starting to have as much luck with cameras as my friend Ashley F (love you!).
So Christmas #1 was actually two weekends ago up in Dubuque with my Mom's side of the family.  I stole a couple of her pictures from Facebook.  It was day full of good food, good laughs, and great family memories!


Christmas #2 was Christmas Eve with my immediate family.  We spent the better part of the entire day with them.  It was nice to just chill, eat a great dinner (good job mom), open some lovely gifts, go to church, and come back to play video games. I think we were there until around 1am...I may or may not have been sleeping on the couch at that point.
Christmas #3 was actually on Christmas. We went to the in-laws' house for brunch where we were also met by his grandmother.  We had a fabulous and gigantic meal and then opened some presents.  It was so nice to just lounge around with nowhere else to go in the same day.  We probably spent about 6 hours there and were still able to mosey on back to our house around 4:30 and clean.  My friend Ashley L, who came to home to Ames from Pittsburgh for a couple weeks, was on her way to Davenport to visit me!  I have no pictures from this day :(
Christmas #4 was the day after Christmas.  Back to my parents house with my Dad's side of the family.  I'm pretty sure the picture says it all! =)
I had the most wonderful Christmas' and scored some great gifts.  This might sound cheesy and all, but the priest brought it up at service Saturday night.  The greatest gift anyone can receive is love, and my weekend was chock full of it!  From my extended family, to my husband, to my parents and siblings (that includes in-laws), and my friends, I feel so blessed and grateful to have them all in my life and of all of the things I got for Christmas, spending time with my loved ones was definitely all I could have ever truly wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment