2.26.2013

Chocolate Chip Pie

This is one of those pies for those people who don't like pie.  It's simple and delicious and it's great served with ice cream or whipped cream! 


Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I prefer the mini)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 2 Tbl flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 thawed pie crust

Press an unbaked pie crust into a pie plate and place the chocolate chips and walnuts in the pie crust.
Mix butter, eggs, sugar, and flour by hand.  After mixing ingredients, add vanilla.  Pour entire mixture on top of nuts and chocolate chips.
 Bake 30-35 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  It should not be jiggly, if it is, turn over to 300 and cook for a few more minutes.
 Served with vanilla ice cream (or whipped cream)!
 I hope that you find this recipe as easy and enjoyable as I did.  I owe credit for the recipe to Denise from St. Ann's.  I received the recipe after we ate the pie at a retreat I attended.  I received lots of good recipes, and I'm sure you'll see some more soon. Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment