2.28.2014

When Life Gives You Lemons

Not everything in my life is happy-go-lucky, but this week, I've been trying to refocus on the positives in my life.  I decided to make a list of the some of the things that were bringing me down and how I'm looking at them in a new light.
  1. When my job is not making me happy, I try to focus on the things I am able to do in my life because I have a steady income and the benefits of PTO.  Plus, I do enjoy my coworkers, so I try to look forward to going to work so that I get to see them!
  2. My tutoring business has not taken off as quickly as I envisioned.  I guess my expectations were slightly unrealistic, it's only been almost a month since I started it.  I am focusing on the fact that I have two great tutoring + voice students and one awesome voice student and I'm really enjoying the time I get with them.  Eventually, through advertising, networking, and word-of-mouth, I will grow my business, but for now, the slow start is a good thing!
  3. I have been carrying the stress of my job and some other personal struggles around in my body, in the form of not only some extra weight, but also increased tension in my back and shoulders.  My sister randomly motivated me a few days ago to join the gym in Eldridge.  What am I loving about it?  The abundant Video on Demand choices in the back room where Emily and I are trying out yoga and loving it!
I also have just been trying to engage my faith a little more to get me through the difficult times.  First of all, I'm often humbled by the prayer chain emails that I get for people who suffering far worse than me.  Everyone's struggles are their own, and their emotions are real, including mine, but it's always important to do a reality check and remind myself of the blessings I have.

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

No comments:

Post a Comment