5.05.2011

Our Favorite Meals - Cajun Chicken Pasta

INGREDIENTS:
4 ounces pasta (really any kind will do)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (or more if you desire)
2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, slice (*SUBSTITUTION ALERT: We don't like green peppers so we used jalapeƱos instead!)
4 fresh mushrooms, sliced (if you don't have a picky eater like my husband!)
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup heavy cream (SUBSTITUTION: We used half-and-half so it was a little "healthier")
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


The first thing I did was start boiling some water for the pasta.  Then, according to the recipe, you are to toss the chicken in a ziploc bag with the Cajun seasoning.  I actually coated the chicken in Cajun seasoning the night before and refrigerated it for 24 hours that way.  Over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until cooked through.


In the meantime, I added pasta to the boiling water to cook until al dente.  While the chicken and pasta were cooking, I prepared my veggies.  I sliced the red pepper, chopped the green onions and got out some pre-sliced, jarred jalapeƱos.

Eventually, it was taking the chicken too long to cook through, so I cut it into smaller pieces.  About the same time, was pasta was done, so I drained it and set it aside.  I then added the peppers and onions to the chicken to saute together for a couple of minutes.
Mmmm....smells delicious at this point!
Reduce heat, and add the cream and all of the seasonings.  I didn't actually measure out each seasoning, I just used however much of each one I wanted to.


Stir together and heat through before adding the pasta.  Once it is simmering, add the pasta and heat through again.

Stir it up nice and good and then plate up, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy! :)
I had some grape tomatoes on the side with mine, which tasted awesome with the spicy pasta! Bon apetit! 

3 comments:

  1. that looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks o so yummy!! Once again I need to come over so you can cook for me cause when I cook it never turns out as good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might just have to try this. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete