5.20.2011

Sarah is expecting?

OK, I don't know if I can bring myself to actually post pictures of it in my own blog...but somewhere, someone is looking at picture of me and must think I am pregnant!! So I know half of the time, it can be the clothes I'm wearing, but let's be honest, I have a major food baby and it needs to go bye-bye!
I have been slacking in Weight Watchers.  I have apparently decided I think I can get by without actually tracking the food I eat.  What was I thinking? I've gained like two pounds back in two weeks.  I feel like I'm back at square one today.  And though I am a little (or a lot) disheartened by this, I am convinced to look at it as a fresh start, ready to kick some major WW butt this week!
I have been working out a lot more this week, but I've been overcompensating for "points earned." However, I have enjoyed my early morning walks a couple times this week and should make that a habit.  I have also gone for walk/jogs after work a couple times and I just love being outside, so I just need to keep it going.
But back to this nasty "baby" bump! I think I am in need of some truly amazing core work-outs that you can feel in your abs.  Anyone have any good suggestions?  I would prefer something relatively short in time, something I could get up a do for twenty-minutes in the morning.  Something that has a bit of a routine, but also makes me WANT to do it.  Am I asking for an ideal workout here?! Have any of you had any success with workouts lately? Fill me in!!

5 comments:

  1. P90X! Ab ripper x will get your tummy in shape in no time and its only15 minutes! Plus you dont even do it everyday! I could ask nick to burn you that disk if youre interested?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sarah, I have some things that you might like...some are actually "easy"in the respect that its just laying on the ground and isolating your core...no movement other than that, but boy do you sweat! Maybe when we skype we can talk about some of them and I can show you! Hang in there, I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jillian's 30 day shred! It's only 9 bucks and Wal Mart and SUCH a quick but rewarding work out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sarah! I've been a silent reader of your blog for a few months now and I love feeling like a part of your life :) I don't do WW, but I've recently fallen in love with a FREE site, www.myfitnesspal.com. It's basically a calorie counter and exercise tracker. They also have apps for iPhone, Blackberry and Android that I've been using. It tells you how much you should have a day in order to meet your goal, etc. It also tracks the nutrients you should be consuming and how far away/over your allowance you go. I have a co-worker who used it religiously and has lost a lot of weight. I found that tracking your food, while a little annoying, puts you in check and makes you own up to what you really ate. Like today...we had ice cream sundaes as a "thank you" at work...and that was brutal to log! Good luck, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advice friends! And Lindsay, thanks for the site recommendation! Though I am still using weight watchers, my husband started using that and I also introduced my friend Ashley to it! I am playing around with it myself now just to see if it's worth it to keep paying for Weight Watchers or if I can do it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete