10.05.2010

What a glorious fall weekend

Friday marked the first day of October, so Ashley J and I kicked it off with a scary movie night!  We both had to work Saturday morning, so we couldn't really go out with all of of our friends from out of town.  For dinner, we began with a delicious $5.99 pizza from domino's.  Yes I recommend it, and yes I sent my pic in to domino's :)
Mmm pizza
 We rented Paranormal Activity and Halloween.  I had never seen Paranormal Activity before and heard a lot of good things!  I had also heard a lot of people couldn't sleep through the night after watching it, so I'll admit it, I was a little nervous to watch it.
Movie night!
Make that Scary Movie  night! :)
 I actually really liked the movie and want to go see the second one in theaters, but I definitely had a hard time falling asleep that night.


The next day was a lot of fun, minus working.  Ashely M and I enjoyed a fantastic lunch at Azteca and then we picked up Emily and went thrifting!  Ashley & Emily were both looking for different kinds of vases for their weddings and let's just say we hit the jackpot!  It was a lot of fun, even though I didn't buy anything.  I love helping my friends plan and shop :)


Then it was time to get ready for the main event of the day, Amber and Steve were getting married!  It was brisk, outdoor extravaganza, but it was so much fun!  It was kinda "old-timey," vintage themed, so it was great seeing all the guys with their ridiculous facial hair and awesome clothing choices.
Ashley, Andy, Nick, and Emily
 At the reception, the food was great!  Hot dogs, hamburgers, cheesy potatoes, and green beans...yum!  They had several tents set up for seating, one which had a TV tuned in to the Iowa game.  They also had a photo booth, which ended up being VERY entertaining!  And we all had a lot of fun playing BINGO!
BINGO!
One of the prizes we won playing BINGO
 We watched Amber and Steve enjoy their first dance as a couple and we all enjoyed a little dancing ourselves!
Steve & Amber
 Once the reception was over, a lot of us headed out to Al & Gerry's in Eldridge.  We got some looks, that's definitely a townie bar.  But we had a lot of fun :)
REUNION! Tammy, Laura B, Laura S, and me
Ryan & Me
I drove us home at the end of the night, did I mention I was the DD?  I had tons of fun and nothing to drink...so keep that in mind all your calorie counters :)


On Sunday, I unfortunately did not take my camera out, but we had both of our families come over for a chili dinner and Sunday night football!  I always have a lot of fun hosting and I think we all had a great time.  The disappointing  part was seeing the bears lose horribly!  That's OK, they are only my SECOND team, mostly because their Ryan's team.  I'm ready to watch the Vikings tear it up this weekend =) hehe....

1 comment: