9.09.2010

Day 17- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why

Wow, truly a difficult decision.  Because here's the thing...I would love to switch lives with someone who  is overseas and experience things I've never done or seen before.  But what a tease that would be, to spend ONE day doing and seeing those things, and then poof: back to reality.  And then I think about how wishing to switch lives with someone is really just saying you aren't happy with your own life...but that's definitely not true!  I wake up everyday and try to remember to count my blessings. I don't want to be that person who doesn't realize how good she has it.


I have the world's best husband, a nice apartment, food in the cupboards, clothes in the closet, my wonderful family only ten minutes away, and the greatest friends I could ask for!  The biggest thing I feel like I am lacking in my life right now is a better relationship with God; I've just been so angry.  So it's just one day right?  I'm not wishing to switch lives with someone forever, just experiencing one day in their shoes.  So for one day, I would like to swap lives with a nun.  I would like to know how it feels to be that close to God and to know it's OK to put your trust in Him.  Maybe that one day would help boost my confidence and get me motivated about improving my own spiritual relationship.


I will say that I do feel lucky to know that I have been blessed and that in the future, when I'm done being angry with God, He will be there for me again.

1 comment:

  1. I was in this same place and made it to the other side. Talk to me about it sometime. God sees us through all things and loves us no matter how much we may be pushing him away.

    Never wished I was a nun for a day though. :)

    ReplyDelete