Today is the last day of September, which means I should probably look back and evaluate my progress and figure out what I need to focus on in October. Here are my September goals, and how well, or not so well, I accomplished them:
1. Lose 8 pounds – Well, this was half accomplished, but to me that’s pretty good. I lost 4 pounds, but definitely wish I would have lost 8.
2. Sing more often – So I really have only continued to sing in the car, and have failed to do the research to find a choir…but it’s still something I want to do!
3. Skype more – I can check this one off my list! I have definitely skyped more, and hope to continue to do so.
4. Start training for RAGBRAI – TOTALLY! But again, not as hard as I wanted to. But I love my bike and I love riding it, but we need to hang out together a little more often J
5. Make the most of every day – Yes and no. Some days are great, and some days are still not so great. But I am definitely trying. And I am totally appreciating every moment and friend and family member I have been blessed with.
So here we go, October goals:
1. Join the Y, and use it at least 3 times a week
2. Lose 4-8 pounds – just being realistic!
3. Write more letters/cards
4. Weekly girls night – this is SO needed
5. Ride bike twice a week, one long ride, and at least one shorter (1 hour) ride.
6. Be able to run two miles by the end of the month – not necessarily 2 miles straight, I can walk in between, but I ran 1 mile the other day, broken up with a little walking, and now I want to work up to 2 miles.
As you can see, a lot of these are driven by trying to be healthier. Any encouragement or suggestions you can give, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much and Happy October!!